- Conditions We Care For
Live-In Care for Specialist Conditions
Conditions we care for
Oxford Aunts is very experienced in caring for adults who suffer from a wide range of conditions, helping them to remain independent and in their own home. When pairing you with one of our live-in carers our Care Managers will carefully select a carer who has relevant experience and training.
We are able to care for people with the following conditions:
- Post-operative or other convalescent or respite needs
- Special communication needs
- Sensory loss
- Complex health care needs
- Palliative care needs
- End of life care needs
- Neurological conditions
- Sudden onset conditions such as brain injury or young onset stroke
- Intermittent and unpredictable conditions such as epilepsy or early stages of MS
- Progressive conditions such as MND, MS, early onset dementia, Huntington’s or muscular dystrophy
- Stable neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy
- Cardiac conditions
- Respiratory conditions
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide services to clients with spinal injury.
All of our carers undertake a week-long induction training course with us. This course has been developed following the Care Certificate with added elements in manual handling, personal care and administration of medication. We have also set up a dementia discussion forum where carers can discuss particular issues and receive support.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss your particular needs.
““They are very good at matching the needs of clients against the skills of the workers””