Live-In Care is one of the safest types of care during COVID-19
The virus that causes COVID-19 infects people of all ages. However, evidence to date suggests that two groups of people are at a higher risk of getting severe COVID-19 disease. These are older people (that is people over 60 years old); and those with underlying medical conditions (such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer). The risk of severe disease gradually increases with age starting from around 40 years. It’s important that adults in this age range protect themselves and in turn protect others that may be more vulnerable.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has issued advice for these two groups and for community support to ensure that they are protected from COVID-19 without being isolated, stigmatised, left in a position of increased vulnerability or unable to access basic provisions and social care.
People over the age of 60 with one of these chronic diseases are at high risk and should take precautionary steps, such as avoiding crowds and nonessential travel. They should stay close to home, ensure they have essential supplies and medicines and have contingency plans if their families or neighbours become too sick to assist with care.
Our dedicated Live-in Carers can assist you or your loved ones by:
- Having a Key Worker status which enables us to access dedicated shopping hours allocated to social care
- Remaining mobile to source medication
- Managing medical conditions such as dementia, stroke and incontinence
- Moving and handling the elderly or infirm
- Handling the cooking, cleaning for our clients and ensuring the smooth running of the house
- Helping the elderly and infirm self-isolate comfortably and safely
Call our friendly team about your care needs 01865 986244